We are Fitness Connection, one of the 25 largest and fastest growing health club companies in the U.S. Our goal is changing lives and living healthy.
Do you believe fitness should be affordable? Do you believe Everyone should feel comfortable in a fitness center? Do you believe a fitness center can truly change lives by helping people? If so, you are unique and one of us! Come join our team as we change how the industry gets people healthy!
Our facilities, pricing, and services make us stand out against other health clubs (where else can you run on a treadmill in a movie theater!) but our true strength is in our teammates who live by Fitness Connection’s core values:
Living by those values makes our customers feel welcome, comfortable, and inspired.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Fitness Manager is responsible for the overall revenue, profitability, and customer experience of the fitness department including supervisory duties for all Personal Trainers, and Assistant Fitness Sales Managers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing all Fitness Sales to ensure goals are met and statistics are accurate and submitted on a timely basis
- Oversee and track Fitness Sales production through the Personal Training System
- Promote only company approved nutrition services/vendors and supplements
- Manage session usage, client turnover, quality, and appropriateness of client’s workout regimens
- Manage client scheduling system with emphasis on trainer no shows
- Conduct personal training sessions as needed
- Recruit, interview, hire, and supervisor Personal Training staff
- Continually develop and motivate Personal Training staff and Assistant Fitness Sales Managers when/where appropriate
- Audit and review Personal Training staff monthly through appropriate company audit system (review twice a week)
- Communicate all disciplinary issues and problems involving Personal Training staff to General Manager
- Maintain accurate records of all Personal Training staff (CPR and Certification of Degree)
- Design and implement additional service seminars, education items, and special events in conjunction with General Manager to generate Personal Training sales
- Organize training meetings and education seminars for Personal Training staff
- Handle member complaints and suggestions as they pertain to personal training
- Keep thorough knowledge of, adhere to, and enforce company policies and procedures
- Submit monthly plan for training, scheduling, promotions, and departmental meetings to General Manager
- Participate in all scheduled meetings as directed by General Manager
- Assure that all monthly promotional materials related to personal training are displayed properly and promptly
- Act as manager on duty when General Manager is not present
- Assure that all applicable personal training forms are in stock
- Assist in ensuring that they gym is clean and equipment is in good condition
- Responsible for complete knowledge of supplement products offered
- Set monthly individual supplement sales goals for personal training staff in conjunction with management and ensure their achievement
- Manage all expenses associated with the Fitness Department
- Compile, verify, and submit payroll to the General Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Must possess well-developed understanding and sue of management skills such as recruitment, selection, training and development, coaching, goal setting, performance management, delegation, and organization
- Must have a high level of professionalism, honesty, integrity, and work ethic
- Exhibit a superior sense of customer service at all times
- Must have working knowledge of computer software programs including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Minimum of 1 year of proven success at the personal trainer level or related industry experience
- Current accredited personal training certification or degreed physical therapist, physical therapist assistant, or athletic trainer
- Complete working knowledge of the Personal Training System
- Current CPR and AED certification
- Complete company training on supplementation
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
Compensation: Competitive pay and benefits are available for full time employees.
We are Fitness Connection, one of the 25 largest and fastest growing health club companies in the U.S., and we are looking for highly motivated team members to join our team.
Our goal is changing lives and living healthy. Do you believe fitness should be affordable? Do you believe everyone should feel comfortable in a fitness center? Do you believe a fitness center can truly change lives by helping people? If so, you are one of us.
Fitness Connection’s core values are hospitality, achievement, integrity, passion and excellence. We create an environment where everyone is welcome. Our team truly cares about our members and their personal goals as well as holding our teammates to the highest standards.
Join our team and help us promote a healthy lifestyle one person at a time!
Company Website: fitnessconnection.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)